Work for us
DCN is proud to be worldwide market leaders in the design, manufacture and installation of industrial food processing equipment for the convenience food industry. With ambitious plans for the future, this is an exciting time to join us.
If you think you have the skills required to join our team and would like to be part of a company passionate in providing excellent customer service, we would love to hear from you.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Department: Project Management/Implementation
Reports to: VP of Sales
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approval Date: November 22, 2017
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for installation of equipment as well as offer on and off site support and training. The Field Service Engineer is a very visible role with a multi-faceted array of responsibilities, requiring strong communication and organizational skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- Strong work tenure – 5-10 years’ experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, Outlook, Work, Excel, and Power Point), Solidworks, AutoCAD plant
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally and with short notice
- Food Processing equipment experience or similar large process equipment experience
- Commissioning and onsite support for electrical, mechanical and process issues which may arise
- Customer training
- Applies logical problem solving skills to identify best solutions for onsite problems
- Documentation of all customer support activities – post sale
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals and blue prints
- Approximately 60% travel required
- This list intends to give an overview of the duties expected from a candidate for this position. Tasks may vary and are not limited to the above items.
- All other duties as assigned
- This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In house support and customer service calls experience
- On site installation, start up, training, repair and mechanical maintenance experience
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues
- Ability to determine proper solutions to service issues
- Availability to work occasional weekends
- Availability for frequent travel
- Good communicator at all levels
- Must be able to understand and interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings and schematics
- Must comply with all company and OSHA safety policies and procedures
- Professional demeanor required at all times
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident.
Education, Licenses, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent in experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in installation and troubleshooting of industrial equipment, food processing equipment experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office located within a manufacturing facility
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
- Employees are required to wear and comply with protective clothing guidelines within the manufacturing facility