Additional Food Processing Equipment for Efficient Food Processing
DC Norris North America can supply and install a large range of additional equipment to ensure an efficient food processing facility. All items in our preparation range can be load cell mounted with metered ingredient addition to provide consistent processed batches.
Bag Filling | Pump Fill Stations | Can Crushers | Mixing Vessels | Semi-Auto Can Opener | Manual Can Opener
Bag Filling & Emptying
DC Norris North America offers two different ways to fill product for cook chill purposes. DC Norris pump fill station is available in volumetric piston pump, lobe pump or sine pump to meet individual product and accuracy needs. A load cell version is also available for clients needing to offer bagged product for retail sales. As an alternative for a more automated filling solution DC Norris can offer a vertical form fill and seal machine suitable for hot or cold fill. This machine is equipped with a volumetric piston type pump for accurate fill weights.
The DC Norris pump fill station and vertical form fill and seal machines are also available for filling product outside of the cook chill process.
Pump Fill Stations
The pump fill station is a fast and accurate way to batch kettle cooked product into cook chill bags. A stand-alone unit, the pump fill station is designed to integrate with a DC Norris kettle and tumble chiller system.
- Pumps solids (1 ¼”) with no product damage
- Clipping head with ‘no-clip’ alarm
- Temperature cut-out to prevent cold filling of bags
- Self-teach for repeat fill weights
- Microprocessor control
- Positive Rotary Pump or Sine pump for thick products
- E-terminal data logging (optional)
- Load Cell (optional)
- C.I.P incorporation (optional)
- All Stainless Steel Construction
Volumetric piston pump version available
Industrial Can Crushers
The Model 990 manually operated pneumatic can crusher has been specifically designed for the purpose of crushing empty cans.
The empty cans are hand fed into the crushing chamber, when the guard is lowered the can is crushed to approximately 25% of its original height. The guard is then raised and the next can is manually inserted into the chamber, the previous can is automatically displaced out the back of the chamber and into a collection bin (optional) for disposal.
- All stainless steel construction
- Manually operated
- Pneumatic Operation – No Electricity Required
- Fully interlocked for safety
- Completely hose proof design
- Mounted on four adjustable legs each with bolt down facility
- Manual can rinse facility (option)
- Crushed can bin (option)
- Versions available for most can sizes
Transfer & Mixing Vessels
DC Norris transfer vessels are ideal for the vacuum/pressure transfer of hot or cold product. They are available in various sizes up to 160 gallons and can be mounted on two fixed and two swivel castors, allowing the tank to also serve as a mobile holding vessel. Made from 304 or 316 grade stainless steel, vessels can be custom made to customer requirements.
We can offer many versions of our stainless steel vessels, including Static, Storage, Mixing and Mobile.
Typical Specification / Options
- Stainless Steel Grade 316 (contact parts) Grade 304 (other)
- Designed to PD5500
- Working Pressure 15 psi (or to suit customer requirements)
- Tested to full vacuum
- Hygienic Butterfly valve outlet
- Hinged lid or manway
- Insulated / Jacketed
- Agitated or non-agitated models available
- Castors or fork truck channels
Semi-Auto Can Opener
The MODEL 175 PLC automatically controlled Semi Automatic Can-Opener is ideal for large batches. It is adaptable to most can sizes using the same basic format as our Model 160 but with the added benefit of being automatic.
- All Stainless Steel Design
- PLC controlled
- Removes Lid In One Cut
- Fully Enclosed Blade
- In-feed Conveyor
- Twist Box – Ensures Cans are Inverted to Fully Empty
- No Metal Chips
- Various Optional Items (see below)
- Typical Throughput up to 800 Cans Per Hour (approximately and dependent on can size)
Manual Can Opener
The MODEL 160 pneumatically operated can opener is ideal for small quantities, this fast and efficient can-opener is suitable for most catering applications. It is adaptable for a range of can sizes, including square. Options include a support stand, in-feed table, can wash/rinse system, vibratory conveyor and can crusher. There is also the option to upgrade to a semi-automatic mid-range line, ideal for larger batches.
- Manufactured in heavy duty hygienic glass bead blasted stainless steel
- Two-handed start
- Capable throughput of 200-300 cans an hour
- Removes lid in one cut without metal chips
- Fully enclosed blade
- Easy Cleaning
- Interchangeable Heads
- Adjustable for different sized cans – 60mm to 230mm diameter
- Height block kit included
- Quick release heads for easy cleaning