High Quality Prepared Convenience Foods Taste Fresh For Up to 45 Days With Cook Chill
The DC Norris cook chill system has become an industry benchmark, with food companies around the world using our ground-breaking technology to create meals of the highest quality, with a safe extended shelf life. The cook chill system was developed by David Norris as an economical alternative to traditional cook-and-serve methods.
Food produced using the DC Norris cook chill system retains the taste, texture and aroma of freshly prepared ingredients, yet may have been produced in large volumes up to 45 days in advance.
See How Cook Chill Works
Rapid Cooling of Cooked Foods Extends
Shelf Life With the Cook Chill System
The key to safe extended storage of foods is to rapidly chill cooked product through the ‘danger zone’ of 5 – 63°C, to retard bacterial growth. Products are safely pasteurized when heated to a high temperature, then rapidly cooled to slow spoilage caused by microbial growth. The key to retaining food quality, taste, texture and aroma is controlled refrigerated storage.
Today, we manufacture cook chill systems for both small and large producers from food service (café’s, restaurants) through to those producers supplying national supermarket chains.
How Does Cook Chill Work?
The cook chill system was developed as an economical alternative to traditional cook-and-serve methods. Food produced using the system retains the taste, texture and aroma of freshly prepared ingredients, yet may have been produced in large volumes up to 45 days in advance. Cook chill follows a logical, fully documented production cycle, and delivers a range of important benefits.
• Food producers recognize cost savings from increased yields, control of ingredient inventory and use of standard recipes reducing food waste
• The cook chill system allows commercial food manufacturers to build up a stock of quality food for future use
• The cook chill process produces consistent finished product quality
• Large and small particulates can be processed without damage
• Products are packaged at pasteurization temperatures improving safety
• No direct human or utensil contact occurs during the cooking or packaging process
• Production can be centralized for operations where food is distributed to off-site locations
From 50 Gallons
“The technologies developed and installed by DC Norris are groundbreaking and combined with their 45 years of product and process experience, make them a world-class process solution provider. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership with DC Norris.”